TOP 5 WATERFALLS IN AUSTRALIA
By: Australian Geographic
Photo: Jason Clark/Kakadu National Park/Nick Rains/Leon Defonte F./F.Freddy
Australia is the world’s driest inhabited continent, yet scattered across the country among the spinifex, red dust, the ochre cliffs are hidden freshwater oases that could easily go undiscovered if you didn’t know where to look. Here’s our pick of 5 waterfalls around Australia with which to fill up your bucket list.
1. Wallaman Falls QLD: At 268m high this is the tallest single-drop waterfall in Australia and is at its most spectacular in the wet season.
2. Hemersley Gorge, Karijini NP, WA: One of the most beautiful hidden falls in the Australia, with sculped red rocks providing a window into a tranquil pool.
3. Russel and Horseshoe falls, Mt Field NP, TAS: Known as two of the prettiest falls in the Australia, they are surrounded by tree ferns and forest.
4. Fruit Bat Falls, Jardine River NP, QLD: A must-see for anyone heading up Cape York Peninsula, this strunning broad cascade has a delightful emerald swimming hole at its base.
5. Wentworth Falls, NSW: This 187m.high, three-tiered waterfall in Blue Mountains National Park is surrounded by spectacular lookouts.